Associate Diploma In Veterinary Technology Alternative Delivery
Distance & Classroom Training Combination
Do you love animals? Would you like to continue working while you pursue your studies?
This program is designed to offer students the opportunity to complete distance learning during the fall and winter semester combined with on-campus practical learning for three months in the summer semester. This delivery format takes three years to complete and gives students the technical knowledge and skills they need to become a veterinary technician.
Our program is accredited by the Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians, the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association, and the American Veterinary Medical Association. Our graduates consistently achieve top scores on the Veterinary Technician National Exam, to become Registered Veterinary Technicians (R.V.T.).
- Training related to the care of large, laboratory and companion animals
- Distance education courses completed during the fall and winter semesters
- On-campus training for 13 weeks beginning in May and ending in July for three consecutive summers
- High calibre, experienced instructors
- Four-week externship (industry placement) at the end of final summer semester
- Program facilities and procedures inspected by the Canadian Council on Animal Care
- Learn independently
- Continue to work during the fall and winter months
- Spend less time away from home
- Gateway to additional post-secondary opportunities including undergraduate degree programs, post-diploma certifications and professional accreditation
- Eligible to write the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE)
- Same features and benefits as the conventional delivery option
Here are some frequently asked questions about this program.
- Come check this program out at Applicant Information Days on Friday, April 21, 2017 OR Red Carpet Day on Friday, November 25, 2016
- Check out the Frequently Asked Questions page
- Consider the Conventional Delivery option?
* Oversubscribed program
To discuss this program in more detail, please contact:
Alison McMahon, Campus Recruitment Co-ordinator
519-674-1500 x63256 email@example.com
Marion Beach, Academic Program Co-ordinator
519-674-1500 x63523 firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Anne’s Catholic High School, Belle River, ON
Graduate (Fall 2016), Associate Diploma in Veterinary Technology
Colony Animal Adoption Service
Karen Fletcher co-ordinates the animal adoption service. The staff, students and new pet owners are all excited about the adoption program.