Associate Diploma in Horticulture
About this program
The nursery, landscaping, greenhouse and floriculture sectors are growing at a rapid pace. Our Associate Diploma in Horticulture will give you the skills you need to have a great future that offers many career options for individuals who like to be creative and work with their hands and minds.
The J.J. Neilson Arboretum, part of Ridgetown Campus, provides a unique, outdoor classroom with more than 700 tree, shrub and flower species.
- Practical, hands-on training in our campus nursery, arboretum and greenhouse facilities
- Experience the design-build process by working on campus horticultural landscaping features
- Optional experiential learning credit is offered through international study opportunities
- Diverse job placement opportunities
- Summer internship positions on campus are available to continue your learning experience in the summer months
- Gain the knowledge and preparation to write the Ministry of the Environment Exterminator License exam
- Complete a second Associate Diploma (in Agriculture) with just one additional year of study
- Gateway to additional post-secondary opportunities including undergraduate degree programs, applied degree programs, post-diploma certifications and industry accreditation
- With this program, you can earn 2 Diplomas in 3 Years!
To discuss this program in more detail, please contact:
Alison McMahon, Campus Recruitment Co-ordinator
519-674-1500 x63256 email@example.com
John Zandstra, Academic Program Co-ordinator
519-674-1500 x63627 firstname.lastname@example.org
Strathroy District Collegiate Institute, Strathroy, ON
Class of 2015, Horticulture Diploma